Friday, February 20, 2009

unexpected

Today I got a very unexpected phone call.

About 2 years ago I applied for SSI benefits, and after a long process I was denied. I reapplied in July of 2007, and then never heard anything back so I assumed that i was denied for a final time. I gave up on this and to be honest comnpletely forgot about it. This morning, a woman from SSI called and told me that my claim has been approved! She is setting up a phone interview with me on March 3rd to get my information, so they can start sending the checks. I am in shock and cannot believe that this is happening. This will be such a great opportunity for me to give my tired body the rest that it deserves, by not having to work for awhile. This came at such an appropriate time :)

2 comments:

Tasha Lehman said...

Meghan - That's great! I'm glad you'll be able to take a well deserved break!

Adam and Raechell said...

What wonderful news! :) Thanks for sharing!